For Complete Announcement and Details, click here.
9922 Environmental Associate
Residential and Special Projects Zero Waste Associate
Appointment Type: Permanent-Exempt: serves at the pleasure of the appointing officer and for a period of one year. A second year may be possible contingent upon City budget conditions and demonstrated competence and professionalism in the first year of employment. This applicant pool will be used to fill any vacancies that may occur for this job in the next six months.
Department Background: The mission of the City and County of San Francisco Department of the Environment (SF Environment) is to improve, enhance, and preserve the environment, and to promote San Francisco’s long-term environmental well-being. SF Environment includes Zero Waste, Toxics Reduction and Integrated Pest Management, Environmental Justice, Clean Air Transportation, Climate Change, Energy, Green Building, and Public Information Programs. The Zero Waste Program promotes and coordinates source reduction, reuse, recycling and composting to achieve San Francisco’s zero waste goal.
Position Description: The Associate will assist the Residential and Special Project Zero Waste Coordinator and the Assistant Coordinator in performing professional level work implementing the Mandatory Recycling and Composting Ordinance in the multi-family and single family residential sectors. The Residential and Special Projects Zero Waste Associate will report directly to the Residential and Special Projects Zero Waste Assistant Coordinator. Responsibilities include:
· Implementing, coordinating, monitoring and improving waste prevention and zero waste programs in the residential sector;
· Working with refuse service providers, apartment building residents, managers and owners, nonprofit organizations and community groups;
· Presenting information to the public, and responding to inquiries and complaints from the public;
· Conducting on-site waste assessments of apartments to assist property managers in implementing composting, increasing recycling and reducing landfill;
· Train and monitor event producers and venues to be compliant with the Mandatory Recycling and Composting Ordinance and other zero waste requirements;
· Developing and disseminating program outreach including maintaining web information and material directories;
· Administrative support for the Zero Waste Grant Program;
· Researching, analyzing, preparing reports, and responding to surveys and other requests;
· Studying, monitoring and assisting with policy initiatives; and
· Providing administrative support and performing other tasks as requested or required by the program.