MONTEREY REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
Invites your interest in the position of: site MAINTENANCE supervisor
$29.84 - $38.09 / hour
· Supervise, train, coordinate, schedule, and inspect the work of assigned staff;
· Adjust subordinate work schedules based on weather and emergency maintenance and repair requirements;
· Recommend corrective actions and priorities for maintenance and repair of facilities;
· Review assigned projects and estimates labor, materials, and equipment requirements;
· Maintain an adequate inventory of materials and equipment to accomplish assigned projects;
· Patrol District site, enforcing ordinances and regulations governing use of facilities;
· Oversee special repair and maintenance projects including general facility maintenance, generator and water pump repair, and grounds maintenance;
· Perform a variety of general labor, semi-skilled tasks, and specialized work in the maintenance and repair of District grounds and facilities including basic electrical and plumbing repairs, rough concrete and asphalt work;
· Operate a variety of motorized District operations equipment including trucks, loaders, compactors, water truck, roll-off trucks, backhoes, forklifts, and other specialized equipment;
· Inspect equipment to discover need for maintenance or repairs;
· Identify hazardous materials and determine proper storage and disposition.
· Be the main point of contact for vendors; requisition and purchase materials and equipment.
· Assists management in the planning, design, estimating, and scheduling of projects.
· Specialized maintenance and repairs experience in areas of Landfill Gas Collection Systems, Leachate and Condensate Collection Systems, and a Materials Recovery Facility.
· Previous maintenance experience in the operation of a solid waste facility.
· Principles, methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in maintenance, repair, and construction work in solid waste management operations, a landfill site, and/or a materials recovery facility.
· Methods for identification and disposition of hazardous waste materials.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish
Education and Training: Five (5) years of work experience in the maintenance and repair of a public works (landfill) site, buildings, and facilities (comparable to that of the Monterey Regional Waste Management District job classification of Senior Maintenance Worker), OR An Associate Degree or Military experience and two (2) years of progressively responsible senior level supervisory work experience performing a broad range of maintenance and facilities activities. High School Diploma required.
TO APPLY: visit www.mrwmd.org - Download an application and full job description. Return completed application and job description with resume by EMAIL: to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX: 831-384-3567 or MAIL: Po Box 1670, Marina, CA 93933.
Application deadline: August 16 , 2016