Recycling E-Waste Coordinator
Compensation: $55K-$65K DOE
The Recycling E-waste Coordinator position is a full-time position responsible for coordinating Civicorps E-waste program. This position will be tasked with the development, execution, and ongoing refinement of the E-waste program under a grant from CalRecycle. In addition, this position will contribute by generating revenue through collection, sales and events. This is a position which includes both office and in-field responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Further develop and effective E-waste program at Civicorps focusing on high volume E-waste consumers or handlers
• Perform and oversee tasks associated with collecting, transporting and storing E-waste which include heavy lifting, forklift operation and driving a box truck
• Develop and manage E-waste events on a regular schedule
• Develop program to lead, train, monitor, coach and motivate Civicorps interns.
• Monitor, track and report all activities
• Maintain awareness of competition and trends affecting the industry
• Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
• Keep abreast of industry and CalRecycle requirements and trends
• Represent Civicorps in coordination of recycling activities in relation to CalRecycle
• Cultivate a data-driven culture by establishing performance indicators and business metrics
• Analyze and forecast Civicorps' sales and revenue and use that information in strategic decision-making
• Monitor and track Customer Service retention and growth
• BA preferred or relevant experience or comparable qualifications of experience and education
• 3+ years of coordination programs, preferably in waste, transportation or service related field
• Ability to operation forklift and drive a truck (no Class B or special certification required)
• Ability to perform collection, delivery and warehouse tasks such as heavy lifting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work with others to efficiently tackle teamwork-oriented tasks
• Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail only! No Phone Calls Please.
For More Information:
Visit the Civicorps website: http://www.cvcorps.org/about-civicorps/job-opportunities/
Civicorps is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Oakland, California. Civicorps helps young adults, ages 18-26, earn a high-school diploma, gain real-world job training, pursue post-secondary education, and embark on family sustaining careers. The Recycling center offers interns the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience, driving certifications, manufacturing certifications within the recycling industry. Each intern is offered the opportunity to receive a Class B and C license while learning a trade simultaneously.
Civicorps is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.